We use our own and third-party cookies to improve our services, personalize our website, facilitate user navigation, provide a better user experience on the website, identify problems to improve it, make usage measurements and statistics, and show you advertising related to your preferences through the analysis of website usage.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels, are tools used by Web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors, as well as to offer proper site functionality.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Types of cookies based on the entity that manages them:
- First-party cookies: these are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the website owner from which the requested service is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the website owner from which the requested service is provided, but rather by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies. Additionally, in the case that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the website owner but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they will also be considered third-party cookies.
Types of cookies according to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: these allow the user to navigate a website, platform, or application and use the different options or services available, including those that the publisher uses to enable the management and operation of the website and enable its functions and services, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the items that make up an order, performing the purchase process of an order, managing payment, controlling fraud related to service security, making a request for registration or participation in an event, counting visits for the purpose of billing licenses for the software used by the service (website, platform, or application), using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound, enabling dynamic content (e.g., animation of loading text or image) or sharing content through social networks. Also belonging to this category, due to their technical nature, are those cookies that allow for the most effective management of the advertising spaces that, as an additional element of design or "layout" of the service offered to the user, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform based on criteria such as edited content, without collecting information from users for other purposes, such as personalizing that advertising content or other content
- Preference or customization cookies: these allow information to be remembered so that the user can access the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as language, the number of results to show when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: these allow the controller to track and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked, including quantifying the impact of ads. The information collected through this type of cookie is used in measuring the activity of websites, applications or platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by users of the service.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: these allow for the most effective management of advertising spaces on the website. These cookies store information about user behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows for the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on that profile.
- Geolocation cookies: these are used to know where a user is located when requesting a service. This cookie is anonymous and is used, for example, to offer the appropriate information depending on the country in which the user is located.
Types of cookies according to the length of time they remain active:
- Session cookies: these are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that is only of interest to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g., a list of purchased products) and disappear when the session ends.
- Persistent cookies: these are those in which the data is still stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the cookie owner, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES IN WEB BROWSERS?
The user can allow, block, or delete cookies installed on their computer by modifying the configuration parameters of the browser installed on their computer:
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings. For more information, you can consult Google's support or the browser's Help.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet options -> Privacy -> Settings. For more information, you can consult Microsoft's support or the browser's Help.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom settings. For more information, you can consult Mozilla's support or the browser's Help.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, you can consult Apple's support or the browser's Help.
Disabling cookies does not prevent browsing the website, although the use of some services may be limited and, therefore, the browsing experience may be less satisfactory.